With Just a Few Supplies From Dollar Tree, You Can DIY This Headboard
Who knew your latest bedroom upgrade came from the gardening aisle?
With this in mind, affordable and nonpermanent renovation hacks can be a life-saver; you get all the thrill of a new design, without the hefty price tag or long-term commitment. That’s why the latest DIY TikTok from Samantha Schaffer (@dazzlingdiscounts) caught our eye.
In her video, Schaffer walks the audience through how to create a brand-new headboard from materials she found at Dollar Tree—yes, Dollar Tree. The resulting piece is affordable, but also cute, elevated and simple to construct. Better yet, it can easily be removed if and when needed. This makes it an excellent option for renters, who can simply fill the hardware holes when they move apartments.
Want to try Schaffer’s DIY headboard for yourself? We’ll walk you through it step by step.
@dazzlingdiscounts In freaking love! #dollartreediy #dollarstorediy #diyhomeprojects #dazzlingdiscounts ♬ Lo-fi hip hop – NAO-K
How to Make a Dollar Tree DIY Headboard
Before you get started, drop by your local Dollar Tree to pick up some basic materials. Then, head home to get building! The entire construction and installation process should take just 30 minutes to 1 hour.
What You’ll Need
- Lay out a row of 3 garden fence pieces and snap them together on their hinges.
- Repeat step 1 to create 3 more rows, for 4 rows of 3 total.
- Lay out the 4 rows so that the bottom of one row touches the top of another. In the video, Schaffer aligns the stakes of all four rows, but feel free to experiment to find what configuration looks best to you.
- Attach zip ties to the “contact points”—where the bottoms of the stakes in one row meet the tops of the others. Use at least two zip ties for each contact point.
- Cut off the excess ends of the zip ties.
- Prop the new headboard against the wall, and use your power drill and screws to attach it to the wall. For the cleanest look, screw into the thick nexus parts of each garden fence segment.
- Enjoy your new headboard!