The 7 Best Drawer Slides
An open-and-shut case: drawer slides ensure that your kitchen drawers work like a dream.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
If you’re in the midst of a kitchen renovation or planning one in the near future, chances are you’ll be updating the pantry and other cabinetry with drawer slides. Drawer slides are a part of the cabinet that mount to the side and enable the drawers to open and close. Once installed, they can help reduce the amount of friction placed on the drawer, so furniture can last for years. To help determine the best drawer slides for your kitchen, we’re sharing our top picks.
And, while you’re in design mode, these remodeling tips and cabinet ideas will keep the creativity flowing.
How to Install Drawer Slides
Here’s how to assemble your drawer slides, according to Mallory Micetich, home expert at Angi.
- If you’re replacing old drawer slides, disassemble them by pulling the disconnect lever that’s usually located in the middle of the slide.
- Using a pencil and ruler, mark the areas on your drawers where you will install the slides.
- Line up the slides using the markings.
- Use a drill and the screws that came with the drawer slides to drill the slides into place.
- Reconnect the slides and screw them into place as necessary.
Need more tips to achieve a seamless installation? We got you covered. Then, work on maximizing your kitchen drawer storage.
Blum Tandem Drawer Slides with Blumotion
If you’ll be upgrading several drawers at one time, this all-in-one kit is the pick for you. Designed to handle six drawer boxes, Blum Tandem’s Drawer Slides with Blumotion comes with everything you need, including slides, locking devices, rear mounting brackets and screws for both the mounting slides and rear brackets. These slides are designed for drawers with one-half to five-eighths inches in thickness, and allow for a full extension and smooth closing to maximize drawer space.
- Comprehensive, high-quality kit designed to handle six drawers at a time
- Concealed runners for an attractive design
- Elongated holes for depth adjustment
- Instructions somewhat unclear
Hickory Hardware P1029/14-2C Center Mount Drawer Slide
This budget-friendly option won’t set you back when replacing center slides on cabinet drawers. The P1029/14-2C Center Mount Drawer Slide from Hickory Hardware can withstand a 35-pound load capacity, and is adaptable for cabinets with or without cabinet supports. Amazon reviewer, L. Van, gives this thrifty pick high praise for helping outfit a narrow 12-inch cabinet that didn’t require losing any cabinet width during the installation: “They weren’t hard to install and they work well.”
- Practical design that won’t break the bank
- Sturdy steel design
- Comes in seven sizes
- Only holds 35 pounds
- Doesn’t allow full extension
Best Side Mount
Vadania VF1245 Push-to-Open Drawer Slides
Designed with a push-to-open feature, these hand-free slides are ideal when you’re busy with other tasks, like cooking or unpacking groceries. Metal ball bearings help to guide drawers open and make for a quiet closing, much to the appreciation of concentrating chefs. The VF1245 Push-to-Open Drawer Slides from Vadania have three-fold capability for a full extension, offering full drawer capacity and allowing you to get to the far depths of your cabinet space.
- Features a hands-free push-to-open design
- Durable steel plates
- Mounting screws require a flat head driver
Best for Multiple Projects
Lontan 4502S3-18 Soft Close Drawer Slides
Made from high-grade steel with a zinc-plated finish, the Lontan 4502S3-18 Soft Close Drawer Slides come in 10 pairs for multiple kitchen drawer installations. Individually wrapped slides protect them during shipment to ensure a smooth delivery. Because they are designed with nylon detachable snaps, they make for easy-on, easy-off assembly. Amazon reviewer Online Junkie says the slides are ideal for smaller jobs.
- Includes 10 pairs of drawer slides
- Sufficient supplies for small or large jobs
- Comes in six sizes
- Screws may strip easily
Best Ease of Use
Liberty Ball Bearing Drawer Slide 13.8 Inches
Whether you need to update an existing kitchen drawer or build a new one from scratch, the Liberty Ball Bearing Drawer Slide 13.8 Inches gets the job done seamlessly with a straightforward installation. The full extension slide relies on a ball-bearing design for easy maneuvering, and works well with drawers carrying heavy items, like pots, pans and dishware, up to 100 pounds. Plus, its push-to-open design is convenient while you’re whipping up something special.
- No-nonsense installation
- Provides full extension and includes hinge
- Only mounts on a 14-inch drawer
Knobonly Soft Closing Full Extension Drawer Slides
Made from high-grade steel, these durable slides are as sturdy as they are versatile. The Soft Closing Full Extension Drawer Slides work as well in the kitchen as they do in other areas of the home with cabinetry, including the bathroom and home office. One Amazon shopper, JKelley, gave these slides five stars. “This worked really well for me and I had it installed in 10 minutes and the cabinet drawer works well now,” they wrote. They are designed for strong load-bearing drawers, and can be used for new construction, remodeling and replacement projects.
- Compatible with most major undermount drawers and cabinets
- Soft closing feature and has an 85-pound load capacity
- 24-hour manufacturer turnaround for problem resolution
- Short on supplied screws
Most Aesthetically Pleasing
Prime-Line R7212 Drawer Slide Kit
Easy on the eyes, the R7212 Drawer Slide Kit is a refreshing departure from standard metal varieties. The white slides are designed to work with most bottom- and/or side-mounted drawers, and can withstand a 75-pound load capacity. If you are replacing an older kitchen cabinet, as Amazon reviewer, G. Watson, did, these slides are an ideal fit for custom cabinets “as nothing else would work.”
- Attractive finish with self-closing design
- Features a double stop in the extended position
- Kit includes all necessary fasteners
- Rear rollers wear down with time