5 Best Cleaning Brushes That Make Chores So Much Easier
Cleaning your home shouldn't be a pain! The best cleaning brushes tailor-made for the job saves time and effort.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
When it’s time to spruce things up this spring, cleaning brushes can play an essential role. A house that’s spic-and-span is a healthy home. Whether you’re looking to freshen things up or get deep down to the nitty-gritty, using the right cleaning brush for the job makes all the difference.
Here are some toilet, bathroom, gadget and kitchen brushes that will clean up the competition. And while we’re on the topic of cleaning, ensure your house stays in tip-top shape with these cleaning tips. Plus, check out the best vacuum cleaners for every floor and lifestyle.
Oxo Deep Clean Brush Set
It’s always those fiddly spots that often get overlooked when cleaning. With this set of nylon deep-cleaning brushes, you’ll never miss a nook or cranny again. The larger brush in this twin set is perfect for scrubbing grout, shower-door tracks and stovetops. The small cleaning brush not only gets into hard-to-reach spots easily, but also has a wiper blade to scrape drains and other tight crevices. If your shower door still sticks after cleaning, here’s how to fix it.
- Made of durable nylon
- Comfy non-slip grips
- Safe for use on most surfaces
- Oxo donates 1% of annual sales to eco-friendly charities
- Bristles may be too soft for stain removal
Smartly Toilet Brush and Holder
When it comes to cleaning the bathroom and buying toilet bowl brushes, you’re not really looking for anything glamorous. What you need is a traditional tool that can really go to town on your commode. At around $7, this toilet cleaning brush can’t be beat for both price and functionality. It features a strong bristle head attached to a 15-inch handle, and comes with a convenient round holder to park the brush in after you’re finished. Really, what more do you need?
- A basic affordable brush gets the job done
- White color goes with any bathroom
- Made of strong polypropylene
- The brush and holder can tip over
- Bristles are very stiff
Best for Bathrooms
Electric Spin Scrubber
If you’re fed up with using elbow grease to clean a bathroom, this Voweek electric scrubber will be a game-changer. The cordless design is perfect for cleaning all sorts of bathroom surfaces thanks to its four different brush heads—a large and small flat, round and corner shape. Use it on vanity tops, bathtubs, tiles and grout, as well as tricky areas like around faucets and shower heads. It makes short work of cleaning and removing stubborn rust and calcium stains without a lot of effort.
- Extendable and adjustable stainless-steel handle
- Four versatile brush heads
- Runs up to 90 minutes per charge
- Cannot be submerged in water
- Additional attachments must be purchased separately
Best for Electronics
Oxo Electronics Cleaning Brush
No need to use harsh chemicals when you have this light and portable electronics cleaning brush tucked into your laptop bag. It has soft bristle brushes on one side for whisking away dust without damaging the delicate mechanisms of your computer keyboard.
A silicone wiper on the other side fits into the nooks of cell phones, ear buds, monitors and camera lenses. When you’re done sweeping dirt and debris away, the bristles retract like a pen for smart storage. If your gadgets need a deep cleaning, get them sparkling with our comprehensive guide.
- Portable dual-sided design
- Silicone wiper blade gets around screen edges and tight spaces
- Retractable bristles
- Protective cap included
- Wiper needs to be cleaned periodically
- Not the best choice for larger electronics like TVs
Best for BBQs
Grill Grate Brush and Scraper
Eliminate the worry of metal pieces ending up in your food with this cleverly designed Weetiee bristle-free grill brush. Made of anti-rust stainless steel, the flexible wire coils remove baked-on food. This cleaning brush has a built-in scraper that lifts off charcoal without scratching or damaging your grill’s grate. Suitable for gas, charcoal, iron, ceramic and porcelain grill grates, this tough brush removes residue five times faster than many other brushes of its kind. For perfect home grilling, check out more essential BBQ tools you need.
- Triple helix design cleans between grates
- The long handle protects hands from burning
- No plastic parts to melt
- Not suitable for mesh grates
What to Consider When Buying Cleaning Brushes
There is no one-size-fits-all cleaning brush, so make sure the one you’re buying suits the task at hand. Be sure to choose the highest quality cleaning brushes you can afford. A really good brush will be sturdy enough to stand the test of time. Cheap brushes may be appealing to the pocketbook, but may only last one or two cleanings. It’s like throwing money down the drain.
Types of Cleaning Brushes
Here are some of the most common types of brushes:
- Scrub/Utility Brush: These cleaning brushes are made of synthetic or natural fibers and have stiff or soft bristles that are usually set into a handle.
- Toilet Brush: Implements used to clean inside toilet bowls, these cleaning brushes have long handles with heads that are round or oval.
- Electronic Brush: Often featuring silicone or soft bristles, these tools are used for gently cleaning and dusting sensitive electronic components.
- Stove/Burner Brushes: These metal tools scrape the surface of oven racks and burner grates.
- Tube Brush: These cleaning brushes have long and narrow bristles in a variety of sizes and clean baby bottles, reach inside plumbing or dryer vents and scrub other tight spaces.
How We Found the Best Cleaning Brushes
As shopping experts, our only job is to help you find a winning product. We start with the research and reporting basics—what products are made of, what they look like and how much they cost—to ensure that we’re only recommending the buys that are worth your time and money. Then, we research the features that speak to the product’s quality, taking advice from industry insiders and subject matter experts on what makes a product a smart value (or worthy of a splurge). Finally, we do the work of combing through user reviews to see how real people interact with the product, and if it stands up to the test.
What is a cleaning brush?
A cleaning brush is an implement to remove dirt, dust, grease and grime from surfaces. Bristles can be made of wire, synthetic materials or animal hair.
How do I disinfect my cleaning brushes?
Brushes that have done their share of dirty work must be cleaned periodically. When brush cleaning, you can either use plain water, or mix water with a small amount of soap, vinegar, bicarbonate of soda or peroxide. While you’re at it, here are 10 tips on how to disinfect a toothbrush.
Shop smarter with our expert recommendations for tools, gear and money-saving deals on can’t miss DIY and home products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.