Cheap Workshop Storage Solutions You Can DIY
Tame the clutter and work smarter with these ingenious (and inexpensive!) workshop DIY storage tips.
Air Tool Station
Sealed and Stored
C-Clamp Paper Towel Rack
Muffin Tin Hardware Bin
- Use muffin tins made from heavier gauge metal.
- Drill and countersink a 1/4-in. hole in the shelf top, so the top of the screw is flush with the shelf.
- Place 1/4-in. fender washers above and below the rim of the muffin tin.
- Tighten two nuts against each other on the underside so the threads won't loosen.
On-a-Roll Pegboard Doors
- One 3/8-in. x 24-in. x 7-1/8-in. plywood piece for the sides
- One 3/8-in. x 24-in. x 4-3/4-in. plywood piece for the floor
- Two 1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 4-in. plywood pieces for the ends
- Five 1/8-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 4-3/8-in. hardboard partitions
Adjustable Drawer Partitions
In this drawer, movable partitions are held in place by strips of foam weather stripping at the front and back. The 44-plus boxes rest on edge, labels up, for easy grabbing and stowing. The labels are typed on a computer and printed on sticky label sheets. Think of never having to wonder where to find a 1-in. drywall screw or a 3/8-in. washer!
Shop for boxes at craft, tackle, office or dollar stores or online.