Cheap Workshop Storage Solutions You Can DIY
Tame the clutter and work smarter with these ingenious (and inexpensive!) workshop DIY storage tips.
Air Tool Station
Sealed and Stored
C-Clamp Paper Towel Rack
Muffin Tin Hardware Bin
- Use muffin tins made from heavier gauge metal.
- Drill and countersink a 1/4-in. hole in the shelf top, so the top of the screw is flush with the shelf.
- Place 1/4-in. fender washers above and below the rim of the muffin tin.
- Tighten two nuts against each other on the underside so the threads won't loosen.
On-a-Roll Pegboard Doors
- One 3/8-in. x 24-in. x 7-1/8-in. plywood piece for the sides
- One 3/8-in. x 24-in. x 4-3/4-in. plywood piece for the floor
- Two 1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 4-in. plywood pieces for the ends
- Five 1/8-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 4-3/8-in. hardboard partitions
Adjustable Drawer Partitions
In this drawer, movable partitions are held in place by strips of foam weather stripping at the front and back. The 44-plus boxes rest on edge, labels up, for easy grabbing and stowing. The labels are typed on a computer and printed on sticky label sheets. Think of never having to wonder where to find a 1-in. drywall screw or a 3/8-in. washer!
Shop for boxes at craft, tackle, office or dollar stores or online.
Saw Blade Roost
Storage Pockets for Skinny Things
Tape and Glasses Hanger
Table Saw Basket
Tabletop Chisel Storage
Flip-Through Storage Rack