Boat Maintenance Tips
One of the most important boating skills you will ever learn is proper boat maintenance. A boat is not like a car, and unless you use a full-service marina it will take consistent care and watchfulness to keep it sleek, safe and operating correctly. Here are 10 of the top maintenance tips to keep in mind when caring for your boat.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
1. Manage Your Gelcoat with the Right Materials
2. Wipe Off Moisture – Any Moisture
3. Know Your Oil Schedule
4. Always Check the Engine Before an Outing
Shop Our Favorite Products
5. Dewax Before Applying a New Wax Coat
6. Protect and Maintain Your Battery in the Off Season
7. Carefully Manage Fuel and Use Fuel Stabilizers When Necessary
8. Kill and Protect Against Mold
9. Check Your Propeller Frequently
10. Watch for Corrosion
Up next, check out how to store a boat for Winter.