10 Best Patio and Deck Cleaners
Get your deck or patio ready for summer with these high-performing cleaners. Using the right patio or deck cleaner makes all the difference.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
How To Choose a Patio or Deck Cleaner
After taking a beating all winter long, your patio and deck could use a little tender loving care. And cleaning the dirt and grime from your outdoor space is the first step before painting or staining.
Whether you have a wood, vinyl or composite deck, or a concrete or natural stone patio, it’s essential to choose the best deck cleaner for the material you’re working with. We’ve researched the best ones.
How We Chose The Best Patio and Deck Cleaners
- Ease of use;
The Best Patio and Deck Cleaners
Best Overall Deck Cleaner
30 Seconds Spray and Walk Away
Simply mix with water, apply to the outdoor surface and let the pH-neutral, phosphate- and bleach-free formula work its magic. In two to four weeks. you’ll notice the results. Appearance improves the longer it sits on surfaces. Amazon reviewers love this formula for cleaning away old stains while leaving surfaces slip-free.
- Leaves a long-lasting clean;
- No pressure washing or scrubbing required;
- Kills lichen, moss, mold and algae;
- Doesn’t cause dinginess or discoloration;
- Safe for decks, brick, roofs, siding and fences.
- Results aren’t instantaneous;
- Some Amazon reviewers advise wearing gloves while applying;
- Must watch where you spray to avoid damaging exterior surfaces and killing plants.
Best Budget Deck Cleaner
Olympic Premium Deck Cleaner
Olympic Deck Cleaner is a ready-to-use formula that combats stains, mold and mildew. It’s the first step in preparing decks for staining. Plus, it works on non-wood surfaces like concrete and composite decking. Just apply to your deck, let sit for 10 minutes and rinse. After it dries, let the barbecues commence.
- Compatible with all wood types;
- Ready-to-use formula, no mixing required;
- Restores the natural look of wood, concrete and composite.
- Some HomeDepot.com reviewers needed two applications to clean especially filthy decks.
Best Wood Deck Cleaner
DeckWise Deck and Wood Cleaner
Mix the concentrate with water and scrub with a non-metal brush. After thoroughly rinsing your deck, let it dry for one hour in direct sunlight. Pair with the DeckWise Deck and Wood Brightener Part 2 for optimal shine.
- Easy to mix and dispense;
- Cleans stains, graying, dirt, pollen and grime;
- Restores wood to its original condition;
- Non-corrosive formula;
- Works on other wooden objects like railings, benches and fences;
- Biodegradable formula.
- Not ideal for use with a power washer, so it could take longer to clean your deck.
Best Vinyl Patio and Deck Cleaner
Zep Pressure Wash
Spray on your deck, siding or another tough outdoor surface. Wait about five to 10 minutes for the cleaner to penetrate grime, then rinse off.
- Kills stubborn dirt, mildew and mold;
- Safe on vinyl, wood, aluminum, fiber cement, hard coat stucco and brick;
- Mixes up to 20 gallons to clean 5,000-sq.ft.
- According to the manufacturer, pressure washers with downstream injectors may not work best, and it won’t revive deteriorated surfaces.
Best Teak Deck Cleaner
Star Brite Premium Teak Cleaner
This commercial-grade formula restores weathered, gray teak decks and furniture. It cleans without harsh acids, so it won’t strip paint or other fine wood surfaces. Apply to dry teak wood, let sit for one to two minutes, lightly scrub with a stiff bristle brush and rinse with water.
- Restores old weathered teak surfaces;
- Safe, effective commercial-grade formula;
- Cleans in minutes.
- Some Amazon reviewers find the formula works best on wet rather than dry teak wood.
Best Concrete Patio and Deck Cleaner
Edou Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner
The Edou Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner isn’t a detergent, but a powerful tool that effectively cleans large flat surfaces like concrete. Two spinning nozzles emit high-pressure jets of water, washing away years of grime from patios, driveways and walkways.
Amazon reviewers say it makes concrete look fresh without leaving lines. This is the next best thing to hiring a professional cleaner to revive concrete.
- Includes two 15-in. pressure washer extension wands;
- Compatible with 1/4-in. quick-connect cable wands;
- Effectively cleans concrete driveways, patios and decks.
- Requires manual use that could take longer than fast-acting cleaning detergents.
Best Pressure Wash Patio and Deck Cleaner
Sun Joe House and Deck All-Purpose Pressure Wash
Sun Joe House and Deck All-Purpose Pressure Wash is a concentrated solution for a pressure washer. The fast-foaming formula lifts and rinses dirt, leaving patios and decks squeaky clean and shiny. Plus it’s safe for the environment so you can use it around outdoor plants and vegetation.
- Gentle yet effective cleaner;
- Breaks down years of oil, stains and grime;
- Biodegradable, bleach-free formula.
- Check your pressure washer owner’s manual to see if it’s compatible.
Best Mold and Moss Patio and Deck Cleaner
Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain
This mold, moss and algae stain remover is a non-acidic, bleach-free cleaner that powerfully removes stains caused by moss — no scrubbing required. It’s safe on outdoor surfaces like patios, decks, home surfaces, furniture and fences. The best part is, it prevents future mold growth.
Mix with water and apply with a spray bottle or garden hose, no need to rinse. Rain does the wiping for you, washing slimy stains away.
- Attacks mold, moss and algae at their roots;
- Safe on just about every outdoor surface;
- Prevents future mold growth.
- Protect your outdoor plants and fabric before applying.
Best Environment-Friendly Patio and Deck Cleaner
Scott’s Multi-Purpose Outdoor Cleaner
If you don’t own a pressure washer, Scott’s Outdoor Multi-Purpose Cleaner has your back. A ready-to-spray attachment connects to most garden hoses, allowing for safe and easy spraying. And since it’s safe for the environment, you don’t have to worry about harming flowers and vegetation.
Spray the fast-foaming cleaner directly on your deck, patio or outdoor furniture. Let sit for five to 10 minutes, scrub as needed, then move the lever to “water” and rinse.
- Easy to use;
- Bleach-free formula;
- Environment friendly;
- Safe on fabric and around plants and grass;
- Cleans a variety of outdoor surfaces.
- Some Amazon reviewers say it requires some scrubbing to clean surfaces
Best Oil Stain Patio and Deck Cleaner
Chomp Pull It Out Oil Stain Remover
Remove barbecue stains from your outdoor kitchen or motor oil from your driveway with Chomp Pull It Out Oil Stain Remover for Concrete. It dissolves and encapsulates grease by penetrating deep into porous surfaces like concrete without bleach or acids. No pressure washer necessary. Simply pour it on, let it dry and brush away.
- Fast-acting formula;
- Acts as an oil stain spot cleaner;
- Bleach- and acid-free.
- Might require more formula for large oil stains.