Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
You'll also need a 1/4-in. self-piloting rabbeting bit for your router.
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- Two-way 1/4-in. tempered mirror
(cut to fit)
- Ordinary 1/4-in. mirror (cut to fit)
- 3/4-in. hardwood plywood, cut into two
pieces, 15 x 28 in. each
- Matching 3/4-in. hardwood, cut into
two 3/4-in. x 28-in. lengths
- 1/4-in. hardboard, 15-1/4 in. x 12-3/8 in.
- 12-volt battery and recharger
- Low-voltage wiring
- 4 ft. of single-channel tape lighting or LED strip lighting.