The Pros and Cons for LED Christmas Lights
LED Christmas Lights Pros and Cons
It’s time to deck the halls for the holidays and you’re trying to decide if it’s time to switch over to LED Christmas lights. But are LEDs right for you?
Unlike traditional Christmas lights which utilize a filament to produce the glow, LED Christmas lights use light-emitting diodes. This makes the lights more efficient and longer-lasting than your old-school Christmas lights.
Can’t decide if LED Christmas lights are right for you? Here’s a look at the top pros and cons.
Pros of LED Christmas Lights
- LED Christmas lights won’t be hot to the touch, so they are safe for use if you have young children or pets. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the lights overheating and causing your holiday wreath or Christmas tree to catch fire. Check out these nine handy holiday decorating tips.
- LED lights are efficient so they won’t result in sky-high energy bills, even if you decide to go all out and decorate your home like Clark Griswold.
- You’ll have plenty of choices. LED Christmas lights come in all kinds of shapes, styles, sizes and colors so you can find the perfect lights for your style. Use a Christmas light tester to check holiday lights.
Cons of LED Christmas Lights
- One of the clear drawbacks to LED Christmas lights is the upfront cost. They are more expensive than traditional lights, however, remember that cost will likely be offset over time with lower energy bills along with the fact you likely won’t have to replace them as often. Learn how to fix Christmas lights.
- LED light can be harsh for some. In fact, the blue light from LEDs can cause some people to feel nauseous or get headaches. This is the ultimate guide for holiday lighting.