Cleaning an Oven With Baking Soda and Vinegar
This magic formula will leave your oven sparkling clean, with minimal scrubbing required.
TikTok may be known for its catchy dance challenges, but there’s genuinely useful content to be found on the social platform as well. Case in point: One TikTok user shared an amazing three-ingredient oven-cleaning hack, which saves you from having to scrub for hours to get rid of baked-on food and grime.
Products You’ll Need
One of the reasons this hack is so popular is because it doesn’t require harsh chemicals, like the ones you’d find in commercial oven cleaners. For this simple oven scrub, you only need three ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen:
- 1/2 cup dish soap, such as Dawn;
- 1-1/2 cups baking soda;
- 1/4 cup vinegar.
You’ll also need a bowl to mix the ingredients in, as well as an abrasive sponge to remove the formula from your oven.
How to Clean Your Oven, According to TikTok
This oven-cleaning hack is as easy as they come. Here’s what you do, according to user @carmsd:
@carmsd##cleaninghacks ##cleaningchallenge ##limpiezadecasa ##limpiezachallenge ##limpiezaencasa ##cleaningtips ##cleaningmotivation ##limpiar♬ Bella ciao – HUGEL Remix Extended – El Profesor
- Start by mixing together all the ingredients. The baking soda and vinegar will bubble at first, but keep stirring until it forms a uniform paste.
- Next, use your sponge to apply a liberal amount of paste to the interior walls of your oven, including the inside of the oven door. Spread the paste around in an even layer, and leave it to sit in your oven overnight.
- The next day, use the abrasive side of your sponge to wipe away the paste, along with all of that nasty grease and grime.
- Finally, rinse the inside of your oven with water, then step back to admire the gunk-free shine.
Does It Really Work?
This viral TikTok video has racked up more than 2.5 million views. While it may seem too good to be true, many people have tried it for themselves, with success: “I did it and it worked!” writes one commenter.
“I actually use this technique for everything I have to clean including carpet, sofas, upholstered chairs, any kind of stain. It works miracles!” says another TikTok user. Looking for more cleaning hacks? Learn how to clean your oven with lemon.