Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- Circular saw
- Drill/driver, cordless
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- Two 2-ft. x 4-ft. sheets of 3/4-in. plywood ($8 each at a home center)
- One 2-ft. x 4-ft. sheet of 1/2-in. plywood
- One 1-1/4-in. closet dowel
- Two 4-in. casters ($8 each at a home center)
- One air hose reel ($37; part no. 159184 at northerntool.com)
- Six 3/8-in. x 2-in. hex head bolts, nuts and washers
- Eight 5/16-in. x 1-in. lag screws