Organize Under Your Sink With PVC
Get organized in the kitchen and bathroom with another great PVC hack!
PVC Hack for the Kitchen
To tame the clutter under our bathroom sink, I made this organizer from scraps of 3-in. PVC. I cut the pipe into short lengths and then glued them to 1/2-in. plywood with polyurethane construction adhesive. I spaced the pipe pieces to accommodate liquid soaps, shampoos and other bottles and left spaces between the pipe sections for odd-shaped spray bottles. Now things organized and don’t topple over every time we reach for something. — Dan Nashold
Need to splice PVC pipe? Here’s how!
Drill DockKeep your drill(s) and accessories organized and close at hand to make your DIY projects run smoothly. By investing just two hours, you can build this wall-mounted drill dock to house everything you need. There's a top shelf for accessories, a wider lower shelf for larger items such as battery packs, and the clever use of 3-inch PVC piping makes hanging holsters for different drill attachments. Here's our guide to five must-have attachments. The instructions for this drill dock include advice on how to customize the dock to fit your drill and you can even add a power strip to the bottom shelf to keep everything charged and ready to go. In addition to basic tools, you'll need a circular saw, a jigsaw and a clamp to complete this project successfully.
- Lift the front edge of the stone with a pry bar and slip two pipes underneath. Place one near the front and one about midway so the stone rests on the pipes.
- Position the third pipe a foot or two in front of the stone.
- Roll the stone forward onto the third pipe until the rear pipe comes free. Then move the rear pipe to the front and repeat.
Watch this video to see more PVC hacks that'll come in handy around your home and workshop:
PVC Knife Holders
Make a Mattress Sling
Fishing Rod Organizer
String Pipe Cutter
Storage Pockets for Skinny Things
Vacuum Attachment Holder
Bungee Cord Organizer
Accessorize Your Mower
Fast, Inexpensive Table
Cheap Storage Cylinders
PVC Hammer Holder
Get a Grip
Oil Recovery System
PVC Sanding Files
- 1/2-in. i.d. = 7/8-in. o.d.
- 3/4-in. i.d. = 1-in. o.d.
- 1-in. i.d. = 1-1/4-in. o.d.
- 1-1/4-in. i.d. = 1-5/8-in. o.d.
- 1-1/2-in. i.d. = 1-7/8-in. o.d.