Trying to open a stuck jar can be one of the most frustrating things in the kitchen and there are several ways people will try to open a stuck jar, but what’s the best way to open a stuck jar?
- Act Like You’re in a World’s Strongest Man Competition —You might not look like The Mountain from Game of Thrones but you’ll feel like him if you can get the lid to turn on the jar.
- Ask For Help — Help in this instance is grabbing a towel and wrapping it around the lid for more grip. Some people will get the towel wet but sometimes that doesn’t help things.
- Break the Seal — If you can get the seal to break, it can make opening the jar easier. You can break the seal by using a bottle opener. Do you know these 10 ways to open a beer bottle without a bottle opener?
- Run it Under Hot Water — The thought is the heat from the water will cause the metal to expand and make loosening the jar easier.
- Tap on the Lid With the Back End of a Knife — If you hit the lid with the back of a knife at four points, across from each other, it can loosen the jar and allow you to open it.
- Turn it Upside Down and Pat it —Sometimes if you turn a jar upside down and give a good pat, the lid will loosen up.
- Jar-Opening Tool — You can either buy a jar-opener, like this automatic jar-opener, or convert an old tennis ball into one.
Bonus tip: Hang on to an old mouse pad to get a grip.