10 Summer Safety Tips
Summer fun is truly something special, but summer safety should always be a priority for you, your friends and your family. When preparing for your favorite summer activities, don’t forget to follow these summer safety tips to make sure everyone has a great time without any of dangers the warm months can bring.
1. Understand SPF and Use Sun Protection
2. Protect Against Mosquitos and Other Threats
Protect against wasps, hornets, and other bugs by avoiding their nests. While bright colors are a good idea in the forest, in other environments try to stay away from bright or floral patterns, which are an attractor for these stinging insects.
3. Remember Helmets and Kneepads
4. Practice Proper Safety Near Water
As fun as alcohol may be while out on the water, it’s also a really bad idea. Adult water-related deaths are frequently caused by drinking on watercraft or before swimming. If your summer fun involves a few beers, then enjoy your water activities first: Drink when you are done and back on land.
5. When it Heats Up, Plan Hydration Carefully
6. When Exploring, Coordinate Times, Directions, and Group-Ups
Photo: BLUR LIFE 1975/Shutterstock