Stuff We Love: Garage Upgrades
Keep your garage well-lit, organized and secure with these perfectly practical upgrades.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
Today on Stuff We Love we have three new products that will keep your garage space safe, well-lit and organized. Watch Mike Berner demonstrate and discuss these terrific garage upgrades in this video. Then read on for more product detail and to find where you can purchase them.
Chamberlain myQ Smart Garage Door Hub
How many times have you been out and about only to wonder, “Did I remember to close the garage door?” With the Chamberlain myQ Smart Garage Door Hub, all you have to do is grab your phone and check the myQ app to see if your garage door is open or closed. The hub also alerts your phone if the door opens when it should be closed. Other convenient features include:
- Universal and easy upgrade — will work with all major brands of garage door openers that have standard safety sensors;
- Works with Amazon Key to get Amazon packages securely delivered inside your garage;
- Guest access — securely invites up to three people to control your garage.
Chamberlain designed this hub to easily integrate a security camera so you can see what’s going on if you receive an alert on your phone. LiftMaster makes a camera specifically designed for the myQ system but other cameras will work as well.
With a camera and the available integration with Amazon key, this Chamberlain myQ hub is not only smart, but an affordable upgrade to keep your garage safe and secure at all times.
Deformable LED Garage Light
This three-headed LED garage light is indeed a monster, giving off 600 lumens and easily lighting up every square foot of your garage. You can move the articulating heads to focus the light where you need it. Other illuminating features include:
- Energy-saving LED bulbs;
- Easy to install, no wiring required;
- Each wing has 90 degrees of adjustability to cover 360 degrees of the area;
- The die-cast aluminum design speeds up heat dissipation so it burns cool;
- Long bulb life (50,000 hours of runtime) reduces maintenance costs.
You can rarely get this amount of light without a fancy hardwired fixture. This garage light just screws into a typical light socket. What could be better?
Omni Wall Storage Systems
If you’re looking to better organize your garage or home shop, OmniWall’s storage system is a great place to start. Different configurations integrate shelving with options to store tools and just about anything else. The basic features include:
- Quality powder coat finish available in different colors;
- Usable with traditional peg hooks and all OmniWall brackets;
- Easy-to-mount panels that fit standard wall stud spacing of 16-in. on center.
The starter one-panel kit includes several tool-specific holders, plastic storage bins and a handful of hooks that fit on a single 16×32-in. panel. We paired OmniWall’s shelving kit with their power tool kit.
The shelving kit has two of the 16×32 panels and four super sturdy shelves of different widths. The power tool kit has a compact four-space tool hanger with an integrated charging station. This is a fantastic wall system to store basic hand tools, power tools, and whatever needs to be put in its proper place.