What You’ll Need
- Motorcycle or ATV tire (see note below) Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch 2x Ultra Cover spray paint
- Potting soil Flowers
- Power drill Heavy-duty rope
NOTE: Used tires work better than new tires, which have a coating that can bleed through the paint. If using new tires, let dry for a couple of days after the first coat until the original tire color begins to show through, then add a fresh coat of paint.
- Drill drainage holes in the bottom of tire if needed.
- Spray-paint tire, building up paint in layers over the span of an hour. Let dry.
- Plant your favorite seasonal flowers in the tire.
- Use rope to hang planter from a tree or porch. Make sure knot is tied securely.
See more from Country Woman here.