Looking for kitchen ideas? Here’s the world’s fastest, easiest, cheapest knife rack. If you have a table saw and some wood scraps, you can build one of these knife racks in less than an hour. And here’s how to do it:
1. Start with 3/4-in.-thick scraps that are at least 3/4- in.-longer and wider than the largest knife blade.
2. Cut a kerf down the center of each scrap. You have to remove the guard for this step, so be extra careful. You’ll also need a thin strip of wood to act as an end cap.
3. Glue the scraps together. Keep their faces flush, but don’t worry about aligning the ends perfectly.
4. Once the glue is dry, trim the ends of the block with a table saw or a miter saw. Cut off just enough wood to create straight, even edges. Then sand and finish it and mount it on a cabinet door or your backsplash.
— Gary Wentz, Senior Editor
For more kitchen storage ideas, check out these articles in our Kitchens section:
- Small Kitchen Space-Saving Tips
- Organize Kitchen Storage With Kitchen Cabinet Rollouts
- Kitchen Storage Projects That Create More Space