Wanting to keep a clean home doesn’t mean you have time to polish your silver every week. We spoke with cleaning experts who have both feet solidly planted in the real world and asked them how often specific cleaning tasks really need to be done. Here’s what they suggested you do every day:
- Put things away when you finish using them.
- Wash dishes, wipe kitchen counters, clean up stove spills, and empty trash as needed.
- Squeegee showers after use to prevent mineral deposits and mildew.
- Wipe sinks.
- Make beds and straighten rooms. Here are 39 more cleaning tips and tricks that’ll make your home shine.
Twice a Week
- Dust-mop hardwood floors to prevent scratching from dirt.
- Put away clutter. We’ve got 51 brilliant ways to organize your garage.
- Vacuum if you live in a dusty region or have children and pets that track in lots of dirt. Otherwise, weekly vacuuming should suffice.