Young Professionals Week for Home Builders Starts Oct. 12
The week will include webinars and other events showcasing life as a young professional in the home building industry.
The National Association of Home Builders’ second annual Young Professionals Week begins on Oct. 12. The week will feature free webinars and presentations meant to highlight life as a young professional in the home building industry.
According to a statement on the NAHB web site, “The future leaders of NAHB and the home building industry are young professionals right now. It is critical that they know about the fantastic business tools offered to them by NAHB and their local HBAs (Home Builders Associations).”
Young Professionals Week will also include a Careers in Construction Day on Oct. 13, a social media initiative designed to show students, young people and those interested in a career change what a career as a home builder is like.
The full schedule for Young Professionals Week, with provided descriptions:
- Oct. 12, 2 p.m. ET – Webinar: Starting Your Business, What You Need to Succeed. “Young business owners will discuss what it takes to successfully launch a business in the home building industry and offer tips and tricks that helped them.”
- Oct. 13, 2 p.m. ET – Webinar: Mental Health in the Construction Industry. “It’s a difficult time for everyone right now, and mental health and wellbeing are of utmost concern. Learn how to spot signs of strain in yourself and others from presenter Lisa K. Desai, Psy.D.”
- Oct. 14, 2 p.m. ET – Webinar: Know Your YP – Millennials vs. Gen Z. “You can’t refer to all Young Professionals solely as millennials anymore. Learn the differences, preferences and tendencies of both subgroups of young Americans.”
- Oct. 15, 2 p.m. ET – Webinar: Social Media Tips for YPs in the Building Industry. “Good at building, but maybe not so much with social media? Ask questions of a couple (of) social media gurus on how they have built and continue to grow their companies online.”
- Oct. 16, 4 p.m. ET – YP Week Virtual Happy Hour. “Grab your favorite beverage, log in and video chat with a bunch of young professionals from across the country.”
For more information on each scheduled event, go to the NAHB Young Professionals Facebook Group.