The Best Presidents Day Deals for DIYers
Don't DIY yourself into a negative bank balance. Shop the Presidents Day sales on this list for the biggest discounts!
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Historically, February sales are known for big discounts on mattresses and furniture. Presidents Day sale offerings have exploded in the past few years to include everything from tools to workwear. Take the opportunity to stock up on DIY must-haves, Presidents Day appliance deals, power tools and weed killers.
This Sales Editor takes every opportunity to save a buck on projects. Naturally, I scoured the internet to compile the best deals before the shopping holiday hits. Treat yourself to an on-sale fire pit ahead of the holiday for a relaxing three-day weekend.
Don’t wait to save—retailers are listing sales early, and the best deals are already selling out!
On This Page
The Best Presidents Day Sales for DIYers
- Amazon: The mega-retailer is running thousands of early discounts now through Presidents Day. Stock is limited and the deals change daily, but expect to see deals on everything from universal sockets to nail pullers.
- Target: Target’s end-of-season sales cover tons of different categories, including up to 40% off electronics. I spy Apple Airpods for $50 off.
- Walmart: The holidays may be over, but the savings aren’t. Shop deep discounts, like sales on Snow Joe and huge savings on Hart toolkits.
- Wayfair: Take up to 70% off Wayfair favorites like patio and garden decor and furniture. Bestselling and rarely-discounted polywood chairs are marked down by at least 30%.
Top Tools and Outdoor Furniture Deals
- Frontgate: The outdoor living brand is offering up to 50% off sitewide from February 17-21.
- International Tools: Score huge savings on top tool brands including Bosch and Milwaukee when you shop the clearance section.
- Lowe’s: Check out Lowe’s Presidents Day markdowns on appliances, tools, and storage. Some washers and dryers are marked down for the entire month of February. Not sure which hardware store to shop at? Our guide to Lowe’s vs. The Home Depot might help.
- Terrain: Shop Terrain’s sale offerings for huge savings on patio furniture and garden decor.
Top Appliance and Housewares Deals
- Appliances Connection: The Appliances Connection Presidents Day deals are huge! Save up to 50% on brand name stoves, refrigerators and dryers.
- Electrolux: Save up to 35% on washers and dryers from Electrolux now thorough March 1.
- Lamps Plus: Score up to 50% off lamps to light up your home.
- Solo Stove: Shop Solo Stove’s sale to save up to 35% off some of the bestselling fire pits available.
- YETI: YETI is offering 20% off its Nordic Purple collection.
- Z Grills: Shop the Game Day flash sale for up to 41% off select smoker grills.
Top Furniture and Mattress Deals
- Bear: Take 35% off sitewide and receive a free sleep bundle valued up to $325 with the purchase of any mattress now through Presidents Day. Use code PD35 at checkout to score the deal. All Bear mattresses are American-made and include a 365-night sleep trial, lifetime warranty and free shipping and returns.
- Burrow: Get up to $1000 off furnishings by shopping the Presidents Day sale at Burrow.
- Grandin Road: Take 25% off indoor furniture, and save up to 70% off sitewide from February 17-21.
- Nectar: Get 33% off everything during the big Presidents Day mattress sale.
- Purple: Take up to $900 off mattress sets.
- Tuft & Needle: Through February 26, save up to $650 off mattresses. Plus, take up to 30% off bedding and furniture.
- West Elm: We love shopping West Elm for home decor, rugs and furniture. For a limited time, take up to 20% off quick-ship sofas and sectionals, up to 50% off bedding and up to 50% off all sale items.
Top Workwear and Apparel Deals
- Action Heat: Get heated vests and other heated gear on deep discount when you shop Action Heat’s online sale section.
- Backcountry: Take up to 60% off bestselling outdoor gear and apparel brands, including excellent deals on cold-weather gear.
- Carhartt: The clearance section at one of our favorite outdoor workwear brands features savings on everything from fleece beanies to lined jeans to workwear t-shirts. Stock up for every season.
- Crocs: Take 50% off during the shoe retailer’s Presidents Day sale.
- Fieldsheer: Shop Fieldsheer’s selection of workwear, including heated jackets.
- Huckberry: Shop the annual Winter Sale for savings of up to 40% on top outdoor brands like Patagonia and The North Face.
- L.L. Bean: Get cozy clothing, bedding and home decor up to 45% off at L.L. Bean.
- Merrell: Get up to 40% off some of the best hiking boots on the market. Check out their partnership with Unlikely Hikers for size-inclusive boots.
- Public Lands: Get outdoor gear, camping gear and outdoor living essentials on deep discount.
- Reebok: Get 40% off sitewide at Reebok for Presidents Day with code OHYEAH from February 15-25.
- REI: Take advantage of up to 60% off winter clearance while supplies last, starting February 15.
- The North Face: Get up to 50% off select styles during The North Face’s Winter Sale.
- TrueWerk: TrueWerk’s outlet sale has tons of workwear favorites available at rock-bottom prices.
- Zappos: Take up to 50% off popular fleece jackets and shirts, work boots, sneakers and more during a series of Zappos sales and markdowns scheduled throughout February. Select Columbia down parkas are marked down.
Top Decor Deals
- Greendigs: Find outdoor decor and houseplants on deep discount at Greendigs.
- HomeGoods: HomeGoods has everything you need for a spring home refresh at unbeatable prices.
- Pottery Barn: Pottery Barn has some of the best home decor. Shop their expansive sale section and score finds as low as 50% off.
When do Presidents Day sales start?
Presidents Day is officially February 20, 2023, but Presidents Day sale offerings are already here. Shop now to be an early bird and take advantage of deep discounts ahead of the crowd. Don’t wait to shop—these deals are liable to sell out fast.
Does Amazon have Presidents Day sales?
While Amazon doesn’t have an official Presidents Day sale announced, they’re already running tons of deals on tools, workwear and DIY must-haves.
Shop smarter with our expert recommendations for tools, gear and money-saving deals on can’t miss DIY and home products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.