March 24, 12:10 AM [GMT -5]

I also use an attachment similar to this fellow's vacuum hose holder. Instead I put one of those stiff but flexible vacuum 6 ft. accessory hoses on the end instead of the extension he is using. That way I can modify it go around drill bits, saw blades, band saw blades etc.

January 08, 11:57 AM [GMT -5]

To secure the vaccum hose/wand, you can use a velcro strap or bungee cord. Or you can build small wooden "L" or "C" that will clamp over the fork that is holding the wand.
If you don't want to drill holes to mount to the vacuum can, you can use Velcro or belt straps. One to go around the top of the can (below the motor housing) and one for the bottom (above the wheels).

A nice idea for exact dust control, but I honestly wouldn't want to bore holes in my vaccuum unless it's an older model. Could secure it to the vacuum with a clamping system, or even duct tape and save your good vaccuum. Many other less destructive possibilities. Just my thoughts.

One *ell of an idea and it moved right up to the top of my what to build for my shop list! I will be using a small light-weight spring screwed into the hose holder to lock it down!

I thought of using this setup for something different. Instead of a Vacuum assistant I thought of adapting it to by prep table edge with a rolling pin or those little outfeed attachment balls. Having the ability to raise and lower it out of the way. As for the hose for the vacuum not being fastened by anything. It appears to me in the photo that it is a snug fit which would prevent from falling over.

The idea of an adjustable dust control is a great idea and the drawings area very specific.

There is one problem that I can see if the drawing, it lacks a method to "lock in" the vacuum cleaner wand with the dust attachment as it is shown in the drawing. Since there is no lock for the wand, it would appear that the wand and dust attachment would fall over.

Without a locking mechanism for the wand, the wand w/attachment would become top heavy and could possibly fall over off of the of the would stand; or worse, topple the vacuum cleaner over if it did not have sufficient weight in the tank to keep it upright.

Perhaps this idea could use some re-vamping.