August 18, 12:47 PM [GMT -5]

Speaking of miter saw stands, I have a fold up aluminum one that is indispensable--when you need it. 90% of the time it sits in a corner of the shop unused.

Since work space is always at a premium and to make more use of this tool, I've fitted a scrap piece of laminated counter top to the miter saw brackets with wing nuts and carriage bolts, to use as a portable work table.

And it folds up, out of the way when not needed.

July 23, 9:27 AM [GMT -5]

To those worried about the Adjustable Sawhorse tipping when putting pressure to one side the solution seems simple. Instead of leaving the locking pin to simply sit on the support timbers why not drill a hole for the pins through the support timbers?
That way the sawhorse is still just as adjustable and just as easy to use but it no longer has any opportunity to tip. No need for clamps or doing any other tricks, just two holes through the boards enough so the pin is a snug fit.
I would make it vertically centre between the pieces so that there is plenty of timber around the holes.

Great Idea!

How about drilling a hole through the top horizontal pieces, instead of resting the dowels on top.

This adjustable saw horse works fine with the exception of one bad design flaw. when you have it pinned to the height that you want it work and you happen to put pressure on one side or the other, not in the middle, it lifts the other side up. This is very annoying and makes this a less then good design. I use a clamp to prevent this from happening. Very much a pain.

May 21, 6:12 AM [GMT -5]

This project was a joy to do. The finished product is awesome! This sawhorse is so practical for all of my DIY projects and is so versatile. Now I can adjust my sawhorse to whatever height I need it to be, whether it be to use as an outfeed jig for my table saw for long cuts or just as a workbench. Great job on the design of this project! The Lord is good.

November 16, 8:24 AM [GMT -5]

great job on the problem of storage in a small shop

November 16, 8:22 AM [GMT -5]

To make the top of the sawhorse more stable I extended the bottom bar out far enough to sandwich both of the leggs.
It now also slides up and down better and is supported so the top stays stable.

November 16, 8:22 AM [GMT -5]

It now also slides up and down better and is supported so the top stays stable.