Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- Miter saw
- Cordless drill
- Tape measure
- Biscuit joiner
- Countersink drill bit
- Framing square
- Hearing protection
- Orbital sander
- Safety glasses
- Table saw
- Wood glue
You'll also need a 45-degree chamfer bit for the router.
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- 2 - 1x8 x 8' no. 2 pine boards
- 1 - 1x6 x 8' No. 2 pine board
- 1 - 1x6 x 10' No. 2 pine board
- 1 - 2x4 x8' pine (rip to 2x2s for legs)
- 39 - No. 20 wood biscuits
- 24 - 1-1/2" wood screws
- 4 - 1-1/4" drywall or wood screws
- 4 - 1/4" flat washers
- 1 - Bottle of wood glue