Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
The only tools you'll need for this project are a calculator and a copy of your insurance policy.
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- No-burst washer hoses
- Temperature sensor
- Leak detector
- Hurricane-resistant garage door (optional)
- Fire-resistant siding (optional)
- Heavy-duty roof (optional)
- Smoke detectors
- CO detectors
- Fire extinguishers
- Dead bolt locks
- Backup generator (optional)
- Storm shutters (for hurricane-prone areas)