August 26, 6:15 AM [GMT -5]

Very good article I also think that nowdays it is important to find the cheapest supplier when you have huge selection. You can find the most suitable energy provider, it doesn't matter if it’s gas or electricity.

April 30, 7:45 AM [GMT -5]

Check this out to have you save on all your gas and electric bills free and you keep your same company while saving! Plus free 3 day 2 night trip? I'm only trying to help ppl save, feel me? http://Kanderson13.joinambit.com

You can save up to 36% on your gas bill and extend the life of your water heater by using a gas water heater timer. For more information and test results just Google GAS WATER HEATER TIMER.

I will have to respectfully (and strongly) disagree with the first component here: CFLs. Stepping back for a moment, you'll have to ask yourself a broader question about what you're 'saving.'

ALL of the major manufacturers get their CFL products from China. It's extremely likely that your US dollars - for incandscent - will be diverted overseas. And that's not 'saving much at all when considering the current economic dilemma. And for a product that I find has NEVER lived up to the longevity claims.

I will gladly spend a few more dollars, and burn a few KW more, until I can purchase LEDs that are made solely in the US.

If it's really about the 'bottom line,' there are larger implications to consider, other than a couple of bucks over the life of a bulb.

they are good tips to use to cut down power bills thank u

Unfortunately CFL's are the government means to create a new industry. I've changed over 20 bulbs in our home and weekend place. No change in our bills. One reason is that the CFL's do not give the same light as an incandescent bulb. I have to go up one bulb size like from a 60 to 75 watt or 75watt to 100 watt CFL. I've even checked it with a light meter and found I am correct. Another reason is the color from a CFL is completely different than from an incandescent so everything looks a different color, especially clothing. For our government to tell us that companies will begin phasing out incandescent bulbs shortly is usurping their authority. Bulbs that have a candelabra base are not available in a small bulb size. The sizes now available will not work in some fixtures since they are large bulbs with a small base. We're not ready to eliminate incandescents. Also, we have the mercury to deal with. Light bulbs break. That's a fact. Not that often, but they do. Then what? Get mercury poisoning? All stores don't accept CFL's. Do we just carry them around until we find one? We can't, or shouldn't put them in the garbage so we're in a bind to get rid of them. I'll say it again, we're not ready yet and our government is pushing them for a reason they're not telling us.
'

While CFL's will save energy, most people do not recycle and will just throw them in the trash where the mercury will pollute the landfills.

I hope that we will soon have reliable inexpensive LED lights available before the CFLs wreck the environment. LED's are too costly to be practical at this time.

This is a very important article. Just hope a lot of people read it and followall the tips. It will be good for their pocket and the Planet will be thankful too.