Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- straight cutting tin snips
- Extension ladder
- Roof harness
Diamond blade (dry-cutting), roof brackets
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- Galvanized step flashing
- Galvanized coil stock
- 26-gauge galvanized sheet steel (for prefabricated pieces)
- Galvanized front base flashing
- Self-adhering roofing membrane (ice and water barrier)
- Polyurethane caulk
- Drive-in expanding anchors