i love the tankless water heaters.. on the 9th of jan, i had a larger unit installed. it consists of 3 heating elements instead of the 2 I had originally . two additional breakers were added to the electric box. the problem im encountering is when the hot water is turned on the water tank is knocking or banging for each element, is this normal? plumber suggested that i live with the sound. please help . stell scerbo

November 15, 10:21 AM [GMT -5]

I have a tankless water heater that is posessed!! Everytime I am naked and ready to get in the shower it has to be reset and is flashing number 12 down in the basement. It rarely happens to anybody but me and in my bathroom which is the furthest from the unit. If I turn the sink hot water on first and then when it is hot I turn on the tub faucet then it works. Help!!

July 16, 8:27 AM [GMT -5]

My son bought a Bosch tankless water heater and is having problems with it holding the temp. He has called Bosch and they said any plumber should be able to fix it. Well after spending $$$ on a repairman, it is still not fixed and they are leery about hiring another plumber. They were told to flush it out but do not know how. Would you be able to explain how to do this?

We were told not to buy one since the area has a high concentration of lime and chemicals in the water. I mentioned that we have a water softener. The plumber indicated that it will still wear out in less time than an normal water heater. Comments?

I purchased one last year and I love and hate it. The Pros are when we have several showers in a row, we have endless hot water.

The cons are that it takes 2-3 minutes of running the water on full force to get the first hot shower. If the first user adjusts the faucet temperature, the water heater gives a wall
of cold water. It only lasts a minute but it's really cold. That only happens once.
It takes time for the user to remember how to use the on-demand water. Normal water heaters give hot water a bit sooner. The energy saved is a big plus vs the water that is wasted on warm up.

It has taken time to learn how to use the system. We have adjusted.

Here is another point that needs to be made. These water heater also might require a larger gas service line. Mrhappyhammer