I did not have a cardboard ring to separate the anchor ring and rubber seal. Unfortunately, some of the plumbers from the previous install (1 1/2 year ago) had squeezed out and into the threads of the anchoring ring. So with the friction of the rubber on metal ring and the resistance of residual *hardened* putty, it was VERY difficult to simply strong-arm it out with tools. Here is what I did: I pulled out my blow torch and carefully heated the anchor ring - being careful to avoid melting the rubber seal. My theory is that this helped to loosen the putty stuck in the threads. Then with a hammer, I struck on several of the tabs (lefty loosey) and it eventually backed out. So stubborn, yes, but doable, at least for newer sinks. Don't forget to get a cardboard ring. makes a difference.

June 17, 10:27 AM [GMT -5]

i couldnt get the rings apart to replace,, so i chisled the old ring off,, thats theonly way to do it ,,and i worked very hard trying to,, but with age they are impossible to seperate and remove,, make life easier and just replace entirely

June 17, 10:25 AM [GMT -5]

April 05, 1:51 AM [GMT -5]

Your instructions look sound simple but I wish you would address the instance if you can not loosen the locknut. We have wd40 it and we have tried everything and we can not get it to budge. I wish I knew what we could do cause our sink is still out of order until we can.

August 29, 12:38 PM [GMT -5]

Sounds easy! However, would be nice to see a pic of the tools needed since I'm not sure what some of them look like.

April 06, 9:57 AM [GMT -5]

The instructions were easy to follow and the repair went smoothly. Thanks