My shower valve is a little harder than it should be to turn on and off could that have anything to do with the flow of water between the two?

But cthis same process help even the flow of water? Like the hot runs fast and the cold runs slow? I need help can some anwser this.

What do I do if my shower only have 1 faucet to turn the water on/off with? Is it the same process?

@Hareld: not sure if you have fixed your problem, but you may have tightened the screws on your handles too much. I haven't done this project yet, but I have replaced the handles to my shower and did the exact same thing.

This project sounds simple enough, I hope it actually is!

February 14, 11:06 AM [GMT -5]

I had "Gerber" shower faucets that I always had leak or small drip problems with them. First, make sure you have the proper tools, the very deep socket to remover the entire assembly, and the handle puller. Go to a plumbing store, they can be very helpful AND they can even sell you a completely updated replacement assembly of washer, screw, brass stems and valves. The money you save by doing it yourself will more than pay for the materials. Second, I found that the seat, which the rubber washer closes upon should be replace as well, they're cheap. Again - get the right tool. Make sure the tool is FIRMLY inserted into the seat, tap it with a hammer a few times to set it in the seat, as they are usually made of brass - a very soft metal, which strips easily, and put some elbow grease into turning it. A handy item to get at the store is plumbers grease....which will help move the sticky valve stems more easily, and put some on the washer screw and washer itself when you install them. Hope this helps...

My title is tight around the steam. Is there a special tool to cut the title. ? Help

May 21, 2:28 AM [GMT -5]

i think i did something wrong. I replaced the seat, the seat washer and the packing washer. nothing is leaking ...BUT the handles are EXTREMELY hard to turn on and off.
Please Help...did i tighten something too much?

Note that Lowes (or at least my local store) does not carry all of the tools needed to perform this repair. Home Depot however, does. Also, in many cases it is cheaper to get a rebuild kit than to buy the individual parts, not to mention that it ensures you have the proper parts that you need.

That faucet looks exactly like the one I need to repair. I would like to buy to buy a repair kit for it & need to know the brand.

First I changed the washers, and it still leaked, then I was told to change the valves, which I have and it still leaking..... Help.

Ric123