Tonight I got home after picking up a replacement toilet from Menards and went in the bathroom to find the bathtub faucet dripping. I am so glad to have found this site since I now know exactly what I will need to do in order to fix it. Thanks!!

Thanks for the free information on how to do it myself. Only cost was a little time and about $20.00 for the replacement cartridge. Saved myself some money with this one. Will be back, I'm sure.

It was my first attempt at trying to fix-it and I got the job done. Saved a good deal of money and it was just as simple as you said it was to fix. Thanks.

Thanks it did work and was easy no more drip drip drip at night!

May 11, 10:26 AM [GMT -5]

Project was easy to do, but I still have a leak! Any other suggestions?

I really need this post. I always have issues with the dripping shower and dont have tools neither has expertise to fix it and i can only call handy man on weekends to fix it.
Lately, i had to replace a new shower head. Lets see how long it lasts :). First thing tomorrow, i will buy the tools needed for this job and try to fix it myselves next time.

In a situation with separate hot and cold shower handles and, for sure with a showerhead on a flexible hose and maybe even without the hose, the temperature of the drip may fool you. The water may be cool by the time it gets all the way to the head even though the problem may lie on the hot side.

I forgot to mention that it only cost me $19 bucks and that's just because I also changed the faucet pipe and had to buy plumbers tape for sealent. Thanks again!

Thanks for the step by step, it was very helpful. Our 2nd bathroom shower faucet wouldn't shut off today and we called the home warranty insurance and they couldn't get someone out to fix it for 4 days (which would have meant we'd having running water coming out until then), plus the co-pay was $55. I've done plubing under the sinks, replaced toilets, etc but hadn't worked on the shower faucet before and couldn't tell how to disasemble it completely and since I wasn't sure, I didn't want to create a bigger problem in the walls by breaking a pipe.

After reviewing the step by step, I knocked out the project (including going to Lowes to get the part) in roughly 45 minutes with no hiccups. I appreciate the ease of instructions as it made the process simple.

Thanks again!

I've removed the old cartridge, installed the new one, and I've finally got it "working"...until I turned on the water again and realized that water is leaking from the handle.
I know I've installed it correctly, as I've literally been doing research and getting help on this for weeks. Why is it leaking, and how do I fix it?

March 16, 12:31 AM [GMT -5]

Following your instructions we were able to fix a dripping shower that had been bothering us for weeks. Thanks for the advice!

Your information and photos were very helpful and better than the manufacturer as far as removing the cartridge was concerned. I recommend you give more step by step instructions as far as inserting the new cartridge. We had to phone the manufacturer to find out that the alignment of the internal plastic pieces should be top and bottom, not side and side. Until we learned this, we couldn't get the clip back into place. Then they told us that the little notch on the end goes on the top. Apparently that makes sure the hot is hot and cold is cold.

Once this was settled, we were able to get it all back together and now have a shower that doesn't drip.

Thank you.