June 28, 6:54 AM [GMT -5]

We follow the step and still could not clear the clogged. The only thing that we have not done is clear the vent from the roof. It is not easy for us to go up there and run the sneak from there.

April 27, 12:44 AM [GMT -5]

My sink is clogged I ran snake thru is sounds like 3 trap doors 2 was hard to get to open they are under the floor to my double wide what can fix it to make easier for it to open

I was about to throw in the towel and call a plumber just before I found your site. You just saved me at least $100+! Thanks!

Hot dog, it worked!!

Many thanks for your help.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

OK I need some help. My 14 yr old poured uncooked rice down the drain and we found out the next day afterwards. I have plunged, took the drain apart and hubby has snaked it and even did the rubber attachment to the water hose to try and blast the clog free and those attempts failed. Last night I used liquid lightening since it is supposed to dissolve anything organic. The drain is running very slow right now. it is a double sink and the right side has a garbage disposal which I plugged up while plunging and even took the pipe going to the disposal and plugged that up to where only the clogged drain side was being plunged. Thought of pouring a whole box of baking soda and a gallon of vinegar. Any help would be appreciated.

Totally agree about the baking soda and vinegar works like magic. I recently had a bad clog in my bathroom sink and saw this method on http://www.howtounclogasinkhq.com/ i followed it up with boiling water and it cleared it right up, works like a charm.

Over and over again I used this method - very messy and time consuming. I've used chemicals to no avail. Plumbers would get the job done but very expensive. Then I discovered baking soda and vinegar. To use this method you need to have the water below or almost below the disposer. This can usually be done with a plunger. Add a cup of baking soda and partially cover the drain with a rag. Then pour in a cup or two of vinegar while running the disposer. The explosion caused by the mix will clear the drain ASAP. Works every time.

September 01, 3:30 AM [GMT -5]

Great explanation, tips and best of all, the photos were very helpful. Unclogged my drain in no time. Thank you.

I've found a slow drain that has nothing to do with a clogged drain line. The drain was driving me crazy - until I became aware of the function of vents in the plumbing system. If you pull a straw out of a glass of water, the water drains out of the straw quickly - the straw is empty as soon as the bottom of the straw clears the surface of the water. The straw drains slowly if you pull it out of the water while you keep a finger over the top of the straw though.
Your plumbing vents go through your roof, and can be clogged by birds nesting or leaves falling in the autumn (just to name a couple of causes). It doesn't happen often, but occasionally you may have to clean your vents to get your drains to work properly.