Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
You'll also need a plastic putty knife, a stiff bristle brush, rubber gloves and a mason's hammer.
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- 2' x 4' sheet of 3/4"-thick melamine
- 4x4 x 8' (rot-resistant wood)
- 2x4 x 8' (rot-resistant wood)
- Plastic furniture feet
- Silicone caulk
- Spray adhesive
- Cement colorant
- 1-1/4" screws
- 8 metal brackets (we used gusset angle brackets, which measure 1-1/4" x 3-1/4")
- Acrylic grout and tile sealer
- Countertop mix