June 25, 4:47 AM [GMT -5]

@ hawkechik
You can also use quickrete for countertops instead of the specialty stuff (about $25 a bag). A little harder to work with as its harder to get a smoother finish and because its grey, doesn't take concrete dye to well. For more, go to:

can this be made into a larger size table? what would be needed?
5 ft long x 28 in wide.

Hey jpiper, I know it was a couple of months ago when you posted your question so maybe you won't see this. But just in case, the way to attach the top is explained in figure b. It say hot glue. If you tried out the project yet or if anyone has, post some pics. Would love to see!

Maybe I'm missing something... Does the top just sit there or is there supposed to be a way to attach it? If it IS designed to sit there does anyone have a good suggestion for attachment?

March 09, 11:23 AM [GMT -5]

Great looking outdoor table. Looks durable as well as eye catching

January 22, 9:09 AM [GMT -5]

I built this last year, instead of using it as a table however I used it as a sitting bench along the backyard and used inlaid tile. It functions well and gives me a place to rest. I wasn't that hard to build at all, You have to pay attention to spreading oil along the melamine forms evenly (when you're ready). I double reinforced it with
rebar, and I skipped the roughing of the edges. If you have a concrete mixer it works better since you can add all your bags have them mix and get even coloring. I used just a tub to save costs.

January 16, 12:57 AM [GMT -5]

This is an involved project, but handyman gives crystal clear instructions. As long as you follow the instructions, the project will work. It is very important to mix the concrete per the bags instructions, Again if you follow handyman's instructions and adhere to the amount of water you add to the mix and the amount of time you spend mixing the cement for the countertop, It will turn out great.

January 15, 10:07 AM [GMT -5]

I would like to do this project. However, once a project starts listing "special" ingredients that cannot be obtained at the neighborhood homestore, it becomes that much more difficult and sometimes impossible for the average DIYer. In this case I am speaking of the special countertop mix concrete. I would suggest the article also describe the details of some sort of an alternate if this ingredient cannot be found perhaps with the caveat that results will not be as nice nor as durable. Been there done that as far as shopping at specialty supply centers. My experience has been that they mostly do not want to mess with small amounts or DIYers.