June 06, 7:10 AM [GMT -5]

Would this work with centipede grass? It sends out runners and gets in the flower beds by going under the scalloped border bricks I already have in place.

I found some aluminum edging. Doesn't rust, flexible, rounded top and was much less expensive than steel. I put 80' in my gardens and it took a few hours. I used the 1/8" thickness and got the black to match the gutters on my house. Looks great with the natural mulch in the garden. got this product at yardproduct. com and they shipped it to me for free. I live in the north and it held up well to frost heave. The black plastic stuff I had looked cheap and kept popping out of the ground.

March 26, 10:37 AM [GMT -5]

I really want to try this. It looks more cost effective than the poured ones and it really looks nice and professional. I think I will try this.

As I read the instructions on the brick border everything seems simple if you are running a straight line. How do you negotiate curves in the border with the bricks?

This edging looks great and is simple to do.Everyone that sees the edging has positive comments about it. I highly recommend it.

August 07, 10:11 AM [GMT -5]

I like this is beutifull im going to doit

On the metal edging, i spray paint over any rusty spots using a piece of cardboard to protect the grass. it looks so nice and new with little effort on my part.

Great article. Now, if the far side of the raised bed is in contact w/the concrete footing of the house, are there any suggestions on barriers between the two? For example, use "concrete seal", or landscape fabric, or a vertical barrier of small stone, etc ? Thanks!

I found that 4 inch aluminum edging was very easy to work with and attractive. However, it is not deep enough to keep all grasses from growing under it. The edging should be more like 6 inches deep.

My experience with the pavers is that it has buckled a bit over the winter. Perhaps I need to even out the sand base more.

I really think it looks great and I plan on trying it!

width looks nice

I like the idea of having a permanent edging. Cutting them in each year with a shovel is for the birds!

In the caution statement it mentions calling for underground utility locations. The correct number is 811...not 411 as the article states.

NICE !!!!!!!