September 16, 11:17 AM [GMT -5]

I haven't actually built this yet, but I'm so looking forward to building several. What a fabulous idea. Right now, I've got an old wooden box outside my kitchen window, which is full of dying pansies. I've been trying to figure out how to switch out the plants gracefully, but delaying because I don't think they'll last very long now that it's cooling off so much. NEXT year, I'll have these up and I can just switch the whole pot when the old flowers fade. Bring longer-living plants inside when the weather cools (Zone 8 here). Rotate plants in and out in seconds. Who the heck CARES what they call the thing? lol

Really? People complaining about what this project is called? Why does that even matter? You can look at the photo and see it is not a box but, who cares? It is an easy to do project and that is what should matter, not what it is called!!

The title should have been: "How to Build a Wooden Planter Shelf"....It is simple, nice, I like it, maybe better than a box anyway! Easier to keep clean!

I understand what you guys are saying, but it does not say it is a window box its says an alternative to window box.

I'm with deaconsbench - the title is misleading.

I'm curious as to why a shelf would be called a box. A rather misleading title to this 'how-to', wouldn't you agree?.

June 20, 10:03 AM [GMT -5]

What is the best way to attach this to a house with vinyl siding?