Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
You'll need to rent a rotary hammer and a 1-in. masonry bit. You can use a corded or cordless drill.
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- 1- to 2-in. smooth round stone. A large fountain like this one requires about 1,000 lbs.
- A small roll of indoor/outdoor carpeting (or any other old carpeting you may have on hand).
- Pond liner padding
- Waterproof liner
- Five 5-gallon pails with lids.
- Pea gravel. This feature required 25 bags.
- Corrugated pond tubing only.
- Two tubing clamps
- 1-in. elbow
- 1-in. male adapter
- Silicone caulk
- Garden hose
- Spray paint