How do you combat very dri dirt patches (drought damage)?

June 11, 8:50 AM [GMT -5]

We are in the middle of this right now and so far the yard looks great! Great advice!

Checking on suggestions on yard repair from damage caused by dogs - dog waste

March 25, 10:21 AM [GMT -5]

How much of our lawns should be traffic sturdy? How do I identify a nuisance animal as opposed to plain wildlife? How large a lawn is reasonable in a country setting; that is do we want visibility or coverage?

So how do I adapt this advice to a lawn in Florida?

February 22, 12:01 AM [GMT -5]

Does this apply to St. Augustine grass

What happen to the voles? How did you get rid of them?

I have questions (and can find now where else to ask)- I live in Palmdale, California (the high desert). I worry that vaccuming the yard would be futile since there are so many rocks. Should I try? (the soil is extremely rocky and sandy).
Also- regarding the watering- would the 1/2" of water 3 times a week (in mornings) be adequate in a desert setting too?

Thanks,
Shane

I had been fighting a problem lawn for almost 20 years, trying all sorts of "programs". Starting in March 2011, after we returned from Florida, I followed this program to the letter. Even gave up using the cheepo fertilizers in lieu of all Scotts. Here it is September 2011 already in Michigan and my lawn is everything the article promised. Try this. Oh, I used SoilSyrup Organic Conditioner (humic acid) from the Internet and no chicken manure (too much clover).

Killed invasion of Creeping Charlie using 2oz/gal Trimec Classic with spot spraying.