December 31, 5:05 AM [GMT -5]

Beautiful job and even more important to me, very clear and useful instructions.
Have started project and will make modifications as a result of your advice.
planning for a spring completion, have a small pool in place and some stone on site to model and prototype. Have Laguna pump @470 GPH hope it will be enough for street noise. About 10 feet of length and 24" drop in total.
Anyone comment on pump size?

I just finished building a similar pond-less design, id did a quick video for anyone interested http://www.youtube.com/devenrich#p/a/u/0/5sv8J5NdCUk

I live in the Northeast (Mass) where we get some very cold weather in the winter... With the design, will the water freeze in the pump or is there another way to design the system to easily remove the pump in the fall and re-install in the spring?

May 07, 12:00 AM [GMT -5]

I live in the midwest where we get heavy thunderstorms. Before i start my project I wanted figure out how all of the smaller rocks don't get washed away during every down-pour. Has anyone had any problems with that? If so, how did you address it?

May 04, 9:48 AM [GMT -5]

We made a similar stream in our yard, but it ends in a pond. However we are having a problem with the water leaking out somewhere. We have check and rechecked and resealed everything, but the water keeps disappearing. Any suggestions?

September 22, 6:45 AM [GMT -5]

well i made two sided waterfall around my apple tree.was pretty easy with these steps from this site.came out great i used my pool this year for my liner and i found all rocks from my yard so the waterfall cost me nothing so far just lots of hard work wanted to say thanks for your help my husband and family love this waterfalland im sure my neighbors do to,since it is a focal point in my yard

Great idea - no pond low maintenace. I love the sound of water and this project can be adapted to any space. I am building my version in an area about 8 feet x 5 feet next to our patio. I am having fun. Thanks for the article. Gregg Malanga

Wow this looks beautiful! Ive built a pond before with the products and resources from http://www.thepondwarehouse.com/ This looks like a new challenge i just may have to try! It may be time for the add-on I've been talking about.

I have created a couple of ponds at places I've lived. They are a terrific project that definitely deliver a high level of enjoyment. One tip I would offer, particularly to those that have soil with a high amount of stones or roots that may migrate and penetrate the liner, is to use old nylon carpeting for your underlayment. It is considerably thicker than the standard underlayment, and can often be sourced for free from your local carpet store. Just lay the carpet with the backing side down and the long fibers of the carpet will do a great job of cushioning your liner. For those wondering, I have never had any "smell" issues caused by using old carpeting, and the synthetic nylon fibers last for years. I replaced one 6 year old pond liner after a large fallen tree branch punched a hole through it, and the carpet underlayment looked almost as good as the day I put it in.

April 28, 4:06 AM [GMT -5]

nitesh:
This would make the neighbors jealous!  Time to start planning!!!!

I agree!

I really like this. It would be a great addition to my backyard.

This would be a great project for our new home.

This would make the neighbors jealous!  Time to start planning!!!!