October 22, 11:41 AM [GMT -5]

Wonderful ideas..I can use 2 or 3 and do it myself! Thanks

I have to agree with several others. These may make finding things easier, but they waste a lot of space.

ddj

I cannot believe that this lame article is still being emailed to everyone on their mailing list or carried on their website. These "space saving" suggestions are totally worthless.

An entire cabinet door to hang measuring spoons and measuring cups. These things are nest-able. you could have hung up twenty sets of these things in the space the author used.

The shelves for cans???? You are not serious!?!? So much air space, not enough storage space. Stack the cans, and if the shelf is too deep to see the ones in the rear, use draws that can be pulled out. (Slide out trays don't work, things fall off the back.)

Open joists in the unfinished basement? don't put shelving, add INSULATION. You're heating an unused area.

The movable bike rack to hang your bike from the rafters in the garage? I've never seen rafters in a garage. Besides at 5'5" tall, I can't reach that high, much less lift the bike over my head.

This article needs to be edited and/or removed from the server.

November 13, 11:14 AM [GMT -5]

Plastic bag holder - Just buy one, and here is why. Those bags are convenient to have and thats why we save them. That tissue box won't stand a chance after a few months of stuffing, adding and removing. And thumb tacks???Serious? If you attached it you'd need a screw with a wide head (or add a washer) to keep it from pulling through the thin cardboard. The plastic holders you purchase at the store uses double-sided tape, which would work for this on the side of the door, but would rip off the tissue box after a few months.

November 13, 11:04 AM [GMT -5]

Racks for canned goods - Serious? That is the biggest waste of space I have seen in a long time. Cans are pretty standard in size. If the cans don't already interlock by stacking then build shelving based on the most common heights of the cans.
OR if you have redundant cans (backups/multiples) than you have to add more shelves to this idea. There is just too much open space not being used. While the idea is clever, (I'll take this next line from Top Gun) I think we'll take this as an example of what NOT to do.
Oh but if you're telling me that you've enough cabinet space to blow on this idea, then you should have the money to go along with it, so just have one custom made.

November 04, 10:09 AM [GMT -5]

These are great ideas for organizing my very, very small kitchen! Thanks!

This is the best collection of affordable, easy, diy storage solutions I have ever seen... other magazines give me storage "solutions" that require me to buy expensive storage containers... you guys rock!

Sly

October 18, 10:35 PM [GMT -5]

I feel that the angled shelf is a huge waste of space ! I would rather see shelves built with gliders that pull straight out so that you can access everything on that shelf.
This would quadruple your storage. The glides are sold in pairs at Home Depot for about $10.00 a pair. Upper shelves for paper goods, than cereals, and the lower shelves for the canned goods. Leaving about 20" open at the bottom would allow for the airtight storage containers for pet food.

October 18, 7:53 PM [GMT -5]

What a great idea. Thanks. No more digging thru my "garbage drawer"

October 18, 7:18 PM [GMT -5]

I like the idea of hanging measuring cups and spoons inside the cabinet, but cup hooks are too round to work well. A small nail or "less round" hook works much better.

October 03, 10:36 PM [GMT -5]

Could you please add measurements in metric ?

I'm a child of the metric age, and imperial is totally confusing....