August 27, 4:27 PM [GMT -5]

I used halogen puck lights from Lowes and after a few weeks I was startled by the Light lenses falling from under the cabinets. They got so hot they expanded and wouldn't be held in place by the little notches in the light covers/casings. All but 2 have fallen out only 2 remain in place, not to mention bulbs are burnt out as well. I have been looking for something to replace my old system. I have been thinking of LED lights rather than halogen. As I was reading and looking at the pictures in this project; it seems to me this is quite complicated. I guess running armored cabling is to the extreme. Off to do more research.

July 18, 8:19 AM [GMT -5]

I have installed spot lights beneath my black kitchen cabinets, the light shines down on the countertop which gives a perfect look to my kitchen. Additionally i have pendant light hanging down over the dining table which casts a warm glow over the table.

We already have under cabinet fluorescent lighting and but we don't like the harsh white light they give off. Are there different bulbs or something we can do to get softer lighting for a more appealing effect?

There is an outlet in my lower cabinets that the gas range plugs into. Can this be used as a power source? Also wondering for the other side of my kitchen if I can get power from the outlet for the refrigerator. Thanks - kt

August 14, 2:33 AM [GMT -5]

David,

A combination device, the GFI receptacle / switch has two electrical devices on one yoke. But, even though the two devices are on the single yoke doesn't mean that they can't be electrically seperate. When the GFI receptacle is placed at the kitchen counter, the receptacle must, by the NEC, be supplied by a 20 Amp circuit that is not used for lighting. If the switch is used to control lighting, then the switch must get it's power from the lighting circuit. It's easy to hook it up this way, if it is necessary, which, in this case, it is.

DJP

August 18, 1:02 PM [GMT -5]

Handyman, can you answer a question about this project?

You say it's against code to power the light's from a kitchen countertop receptacle. But there are receptable products on the market that allow you convert a GFCI to a GFCI/switch combo, and wire to lights. Are saying this configuration would be against code.

Thanks ... David