Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- Cordless drill
- Belt sander
- Scribing tool
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- Plumber's putty
- Tub-and-tile caulk
- Two basket strainer assemblies (only one if you're installing a disposer)
- 1-1/2-in. plastic drain parts
- One P-trap assembly
- One "end" or "center" outlet waste kit
- Two sink tailpieces—only one if you're installing a disposer. If you have a dishwasher and no disposer, get a special "dishwasher" tailpiece that has a tube to connect the dishwasher drain hose.
- One "disposer" waste arm if you have a disposer.
- Two flexible water supply tubes for kitchen sinks. Match the nuts on the ends to the threads on your faucet and shutoff valves. Also measure to determine the right lengths.