March 25, 7:34 AM [GMT -5]

Thanks for the helpful advice Family Handyman.

August 19, 9:40 AM [GMT -5]

@Rocket255: Regarding peeling paint on inside of BBQ: it might not actually be paint that's pealing. Double-check your model, but I discovered with mine that the inside actually isn't painted at all, and that the black stuff was all grease. It can be scraped off.

June 03, 7:44 AM [GMT -5]

Peeling paint on the underside (inside) of the hood. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

June 03, 7:41 AM [GMT -5]

This is the second gas grill that I've owned and the second time that after a few years the paint on the underside of the hood (inside) peels and flakes off. Scraping with a putty knife and repainting is a temporary fix. With lots of little kids around, sharp little flecks of paint on the burgers are not very appetizing. Any ideas on a better scraping/cleaning method and what kind of paint to use?

September 22, 11:52 AM [GMT -5]

I'm looking for a tip on reinforcing the bottom of a Charbroil type gas grill, It has like a sheet of metal on the back andstarted to rust so that it's losing stability on the bottom where the wheels are. I'm thinking of riveting a piece of sheet metal onto the back-bottom of it. Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not need to do this at this time. But for some reason I think that you should explain to some people that Linseed oil is a very volatile substance and may catch fire don't you?

Dennis

June 20, 10:55 AM [GMT -5]

I just replaced a few things on my grill that were getting old (got stuff @ this site, they had just what I needed http://www.ereplacementparts.com/grill-parts.html) and I haven't had a chance to deep clean it yet but I am definitely going to use these steps to get it done! I didn't even think about refinishing the wood, so I'm going to do that and make it look like new again. Thanks!

cleaning out the grill funk and changing the burner are all u need to do. Don't waste money or the time changing the igniter its cheaper to use the candle lighter.

June 22, 6:41 AM [GMT -5]

I did this on a 5 year old gas grill and it was simple just follow the detailed directions given and don't skip any. My grill now looks new and grills to perfection!