Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
You'll also need a shop vacuum, straightedge, stepladder, stud finder, tape measure, table saw and utility knife.
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- 5 sheets 4' x 8' x 3/4" BC sanded plywood
- 2 sheets 4' x 8' x 1/4" underlayment plywood
- 1 sheet 4' x 4' x 1/4" underlayment plywood
- 1 1x2 x 8' pressure-treated board
- 1" 18-gauge brads
- 1-1/2" 18-gauge brads
- 2" trim head screws
- Can of wood filler or patching compound
- Gallon of paint/primer