September 10, 10:21 AM [GMT -5]

About the plywood brackets, does the part that attaches to the 2x2s need to be a certain length? Is there a ratio between this part and the part holding the shelf?

Also, how long can the brackets go before you have to make them wider? I am planning 21 inch shelves.

I need to build an inexpensive shoe rack (wish I could underline the word inexpensive here).

I put the 2x2 on the studs, then screwed the scrap 2x2 pieces on the sides of the 2x2 already on the wall to build supports for a wire rack. I can now store about 30 pairs of shoes and boots on the three tier rack. Total cost was about $25 in SW PA.

Next, I will attempt shelving. The Rub....aid shelving system sold in stores is way to expensive for my taste.

Yes, I'm cheap and proud of it.

September 20, 11:54 AM [GMT -5]

Great project , I have started it but was wondering what size bungee cord did you use.

Thanks

I'm interested in this project. I'm wondering the size, length, type of screw, etc., needed for the project - not mentioned in the magazine or in the materials list.

Thanks

Dave

This is an excellent, flexible inexpensive storage system. I bought 2 x 2 verticals. I picked up scraps of plywood from construiction sites and cut them for the shelf supports. I found several boards and cut up a 4 x 8 MDX sheet for shelves. For hooks I used 1/2 inch dowels. Etc., etc.

The result is enough storage for most of the junk in my garage. I will continue to add to this system as I find materials. There is alwyas need for more storage space.

May 17, 12:20 AM [GMT -5]

Great Idea - I have looked at those expensive wall hanging systems saying there must be a way to do this for less.