I'm afraid this would encourage hoarding in some people.

October 10, 11:32 AM [GMT -5]

Wouldnt it be easier and more cost effective just to buy wire shevling? easier to take down/move too...

September 03, 11:37 AM [GMT -5]

What an easy and great project! Garage is awesome!

I have just finished the project and it took me about 3 days with the space that I had to work with - a double car garage, I did land up changing the shelve configuration in some places in the garage to fit my space. Overall, it was a great little project and the neighbors came a looking to see what I was doing. Nothing is on the ground beside a sliding miter and a table saw. I would recommend a table saw with this project because it makes it easier to cut all of your wood out of the plywood.

I am in the middle of this project and so far looks very good. I would like to see pictures of shelving that people built under the mian shelf. One of my main goals is to be able to build storage for kids toys, bikes, balls, etc. Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

I have done this project in my last two garages and think it is a must have storage solution. Gives a lot of versatility and storage. My dad has asked that I help do his garage next! It's very simple and can be completed in one day. It's a great starting point for many more storage ideas.

February 11, 9:18 AM [GMT -5]

I have a question instead of a comment that I hope someone will respond to. In this project there is a suggestion as to how to customize it by adding cabinets below the shelf. In that discussion it mentions fastening cleats to the back of the cabinet. What size should these cleats be and where should they be fastened? Do I need to attach 3/4 inch plywood strips to the wall first so the cleats will be flush as they sit on the plywood apron? Thanks

December 05, 7:39 AM [GMT -5]

Great project. Very useful. Well worth the time and effort.

November 17, 10:24 AM [GMT -5]

I did a similar project a couple of years ago in my garage. I have high ceilings and I built a shelf on the wall space above the garage door. I had to add some 2x4s to add mounting points for the shelf brackets since the garage door hardware was mounted on 2x's. The resulting shelf holds all my camping/backpacking gear that I only need to access maybe 5-6 times a year.

This works for some one who has a either stand alone or attached garage, but this doesn't work to well for some one who has a tuck under garage. Can anyone give me some ideas for a garge with a ceiling of 8 feet or less.

This seems easy, its attractive and it's a great idea. Thank you.

Thanks for the SafeRacks.com recommendation.

I am very happy with the results of this Project. It is very attractive, strong, and customizable. I would recommend it! Staining it makes it look even better.

June 21, 12:13 AM [GMT -5]

For additional storage space in the garage, I recommend checking out SafeRacks.com

Overhead garage storage racks are great for getting the car back in the garage while keeping your things safe and out of the way. href='http://www.SafeRacks.com

i need more storage space in my garage...or maybe i should just get rid of some stuff