NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ONLINE SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN ENTRY’S CHANCE OF WINNING
Family Handyman/Homeclick.com (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association, Inc., the publisher of Family Handyman magazine ("Sponsor"). Sweepstakes begins at 12:01AM CT on November 9th, 2011 and ends at 11:59PM CT on January 9th, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents age 18 and older of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the U.S.A. Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where taxed, restricted or prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet. During the Sweepstakes Period, Please go to www.familyhandyman.com/homeclickgiveaway and follow the online entry instructions, including providing your name, email address and mailing address. To be eligible all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Central Time) on January 9, 2012. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each entry has an equal chance to win. Any dispute regarding submission of online entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
3. ENTRY FREQUENCY: One entry per person per day.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive the following: One (1) $500 HomeClick.com gift card. The prize is not transferable cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that any of the stated prizes cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither the sponsor nor its affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER/ODDS: One (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about February 1st, 2012 by an independent judging agency whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Approximate odds of winning 1:100,000. Winner will be notified by mail (and those with known email addresses may be notified by email as well) within 30 days of the drawing and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or Winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected at random among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected at random among all remaining eligible entries. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor, Prize Provider and its agencies to use the winners’ name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Provider and their respective affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not liable for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or jumbled, stolen, postage due mail or illegible entries or for printing, distribution or production errors. No facsimile, mechanical reproduced, altered or forged entries. Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor and Prize Provider and their respective affiliates are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the sweepstakes at any time for any reason. In such circumstances prize will be awarded based on entries received to date of termination. The prize will be awarded.
7. CONSUMER INFORMATION: Reader’s Digest may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, wish to receive a list of winners, a copy of the Official Rules, have any questions about the Sweepstakes, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Reader’s Digest, specify your request and send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Family Handyman/Homeclick.com Sweepstakes (#661) PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005.
||Number of Prizes
||Final Closing Date
|$500 HomeClick.com gift card
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
ALL ENTRIES HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF WINNING.
No one will know who the winner is until after the sweepstakes ends. Last date of Sweepstakes entry period is the last date entries are accepted. See Official Rules for details.
ENTRY IS FREE.
You don't have to buy anything to enter. Just fill out the Entry Form as directed. You will be entered for each prize offered in this Sweepstakes.
BUYING WON'T HELP YOU WIN.
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.