Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- Non-contact voltage tester
- Wire stripper/cutter
- Cordless drill
1/2" conduit bender, fish tape
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- 3/4" x 24" threaded water pipe (handle for conduit bender)
- 1/2" EMT conduit
- 4 x 4 x 1-1/2 in. metal boxes
- 4-in. square raised covers
- 1/2-in. offset setscrew connectors
- 1/2-in. couplings
- conduit straps
- 15-amp switch
- 12-gauge (for 20 AMP) or 14-gauge (for 15 AMP) THHN wiring
- Anchors and screws (for masonry walls)