For striiped out screw holes - If toothpicks don't work, use cut off golf tees - "whittlin's" from a shim or scrap pine - steel wool, or any of the metal patch "strip-fix-it" kits available at "real" hardware stores

Wolfy, I don't entirely understand your tip about adjusting the door stop, but it sounds like very good advice - can you elaborate?

Sasha1 - Remove the screws that won't tighten. Get some wooden toothpicks and shove as many as you can as far into the hole(s) as possible. Mark with a pen the point on the toothpicks that sticks out of the hole, then remove toothpicks and break them off at marked points. Dip the toothpick ends in wood glue and re-insert in hole. Wipe up any overflow with a damp cloth and let the glue dry overnight. Now when you replace the screws, they will bite into in the toothpicks for grip.

What can I do to fix my doors when my house shifts in the winter and summer and makes it so they don't latch, I have tried shifting the latch plate, but that doesn't seem to work because once I move the latch one of the screw holes will be in the middle of the hole where the door latches before I move it.

for screws that won't tighten have you tried inserting toothpicks in the screw holes and gently retightening the screws.

I had 2 interior doors that wouldn't stay closed. I found out that the door stop was to tight to the latch, so I used a scrap piece of wood to hold against the stop to avoid damaging the wood and gently tapped with a hammer to readjust the door stop. worked like a charm. It only took me 10 years to figure out the problem.

What can you do if after installing larger screws and you no longer can tighten them?