Required Tools for this Project
Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
Required Materials for this Project
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- Treated lumber to build up the sill (optional)
- Roll of flexible self-sticking flashing membrane
- Two tubes of polyurethane caulk
- Two cans of minimal expanding foam
- Roll of foam caulk backing (optional)
- Transition molding Transition molding (optional; Photo 13)
- One pound each of 10d and 16d galvanized casing nails
- One pound of 3-in. coated deck screws
- 4d, 6d and 10d finish nails