Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- Wrench set
- Tape measure
- Screw gun
You'll also need an old toothbrush and a flat-blade screwdriver
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- Spray-on white lithium grease
- lubricant/cleaner such as WD-40
- You could also possibly need replacement rollers
- weather seal
- 1-in. galvanized roofing nails
- silicone spray or rubbing alcohol
- 2 lift handles
- extension spring containment cables
- fender washers and locknuts