Have the necessary tools for this DIY project lined up before you start—you’ll save time and frustration.
- 4-in-1 screwdriver
- Air compressor
- Brad nail gun
- Circular saw
- Cordless drill
- Drill bit set
- Safety glasses
- Speed square
- Stud finder
- Tape measure
- Wood glue
- Utility knife
You'll also need tools to apply a stain or other finish.
Avoid last-minute shopping trips by having all your materials ready ahead of time. Here's a list.
- 3/4“ x 4' x 8' sheets of oak plywood (1-1/2)
- 1/2“ x 2-1/2“ hook strip (24')
- 1/2“ x 3-1/2“ hook strip (9')
- 1/4“ x 3/4“ x 8' screen molding (4)
- 1-1/16“ closet rod (8')
- Pairs of rod holders (4)
- 6d finishing nails (1 lb.)
- 80-grit sandpaper
You'll also need a stain or other finish.